Classification: Hourly/Non-Exempt (eligible for OT)
Location: Redmond, OR
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Department: Quality Control
Oregon's Wild Harvest is a proud family-owned & operated company dedicated to growing, sourcing and manufacturing the highest quality herbal supplements possible. Everything we do – from rigorous testing and standards to our regenerative farming practices – is done from the heart. Our mission is to offer safe and effective herbal medicine rooted in science and tradition. If you have a passion for healthy plants, people and planet, please apply to join our team.
OWH firmly believes that our employees are the heart of our success. Through exceptional teamwork, dedication and OWH guidelines, our employees thrive individually and collectively. This position description is designed to outline essential functions and qualifications, not to restrict one’s specified duties, but to summarize expectations and scope of responsibilities to foster individual and Farm Team success.
Job Summary:The primary function of this position is to work with the Quality Control Manager and lead others in Quality Control and Production in monitoring the quality of products; ensuring materials used in the manufacture of dietary supplements manufactured at Oregon’s Wild Harvest.
- Data analysis of product and performance, including assisting with creating, changing, and approval of Master Manufacturing Records, specifications, and reference standards.
- Supervise and train the Quality Control Team.
- Develop a weekly work schedule for Quality Control Managers approval.
- Assign Quality Control Technician floor coverage to meet production needs.
- Work with Production Manager to prioritize release of products to meet the company’s needs.
- Provide backup for the quality Control Technicians.
- Ensure compliance for organic, biodynamic and cGMP regulations.
- Work with Quality Control Manager to update SOP’s and monitor Training.
- Carry a walkie talkie and respond to requests from Quality Control Technicians for assistance.
- Label Control/Inventory
- Keep track of inventory, issue to production, return to storage, and monitor labels.
- Dispose of old labels.
- Initiate Deviation records when a deviation occurs and submit them to Quality Control Manager for review.
- Review and approve Certificates of Analysis (CofAs) for our products and ingredients.
- Update and create forms and logs and submit them to Quality Control Manager for review and approval.
- Perform internal audits of areas, processes, and equipment.
- Assist with ODA, Non-GMO, SQF, GMP, Organic, Biodynamic, FDA, and other Audits as needed.
- Write Change orders and assist with implementation.
- Review, evaluate, and approved or reject Vendor pre-ship samples.
- Other duties might be assigned as the need arises.
- Must have high integrity and ethics standards.
- Must be dependable, accurate, and possess integrity and commitment to high quality standards.
- Ability to perform basic math/algebra functions.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Able to follow SOP to determine whether component and product specifications are met.
- Able to use simple measuring devices and computers (inventory software, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work well with others in a collaborative, team environment.
- Well organized and detail oriented with proven effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Fluent in English (oral and written). Able to speak and understand Spanish preferred.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform and prioritize all essential position duties and responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Possesses or able to achieve thorough knowledge of Oregon Tilth, National Organic Program (NOP), Demeter biodynamic program, and cGMPs.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) required.
- Able to manage stress appropriately.
- Able to work alone/ independently.
High School Diploma or GED required.
3 years’ experience in food or similar production facility, quality, or other related field strongly preferred.
Able to perform essential functions of the job as indicated below, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time (8-10 hours/day).
- Perform repetitive tasks/motions.
- Distinguish colors and have clarity of vision with or without corrective lenses: Near (<20”); Mid (>20”-<<20’); Far (<20’).
- Distinguish odors and tastes. Subject to proficiency testing.
- Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice. Subject to hearing test.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist at waist, or climb.
- Occasionally lift from floor level up, from waist level, or reach above head and shoulders.
- Occasionally lift 50 lbs. on a rare occasion handle up to 100 lbs., with or without assistance.
- Ability to move product using a hand truck or pallet jack.
- Ability to work in warehouse climate conditions.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided as appropriate:
- Exposure to dust and strong smells.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- Primarily indoors.
- Exposure to noise (sometimes loud and sustained).
OWH is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse culture that values teamwork, integrity, innovations and an unwavering commitment to our customer.